The second edition of the Top 100 Independent Brokers supplement published by Insurance Age in association with Cornell Consulting.
Tony Cornell's analysis revealed that the top 100 brokers controlled premium of around £2.2bn which was a 10% increase over the previous year.
Much of this growth was attributable to consolidation and the Top 100 boosted their combined market share to 25% mainly through acquisition.
To be included in the top 10, a broker had to control £75m in premium income, a huge
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel