The second edition of the Top 100 Independent Brokers supplement published by Insurance Age in association with Cornell Consulting.
Tony Cornell's analysis revealed that the top 100 brokers controlled premium of around £2.2bn which was a 10% increase over the previous year.
Much of this growth was attributable to consolidation and the Top 100 boosted their combined market share to 25% mainly through acquisition.
To be included in the top 10, a broker had to control £75m in premium income, a huge
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Jade Insurance teams up on health insurance with sports focused My Club