The second edition of the Top 100 Independent Brokers supplement published by Insurance Age in association with Cornell Consulting.
Tony Cornell's analysis revealed that the top 100 brokers controlled premium of around £2.2bn which was a 10% increase over the previous year.
Much of this growth was attributable to consolidation and the Top 100 boosted their combined market share to 25% mainly through acquisition.
To be included in the top 10, a broker had to control £75m in premium income, a huge
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti