Fraud is a growing problem for the financial services sector, both in terms of exaggerated claims and in organised crime - and with the latest Association of British Insurers (ABI) study putting the cost of insurance fraud at an estimated £1.6bn, it would be a dream come true if a one-size-fits-all technical solution could be found.
Technology is playing a growing part in tackling fraud, and many insurers have invested in a range of options but so far the magic wand has yet to be waved.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover