Fraud is a growing problem for the financial services sector, both in terms of exaggerated claims and in organised crime - and with the latest Association of British Insurers (ABI) study putting the cost of insurance fraud at an estimated £1.6bn, it would be a dream come true if a one-size-fits-all technical solution could be found.
Technology is playing a growing part in tackling fraud, and many insurers have invested in a range of options but so far the magic wand has yet to be waved.
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017