AIG Europe (UK) has claimed that business losses from fraud and occupational crime cost 10 times more than losses arising from property damage through fire. According to its research, fraud is estimated to cost £32bn in the UK and is rising at 8% per annum.
While nearly all companies insure for property damage, the majority are still not insured against fraud, despite the fact that over half of companies with more than 1,000 employees report losses - the average being in the region of £1.2m.
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners