City of London Law Society chairman, David McIntosh, clashed with Bill Callaghan, chairman of the Health and Safety Commission (HSC) over the Government's obsession with over regulation, which he says is feeding the UK's growing compensation culture. In a paper delivered at the Institute of Economic Affairs Mr McIntosh slammed the Government for failing British industry by suffocating it with unnecessary 'red tape'. Cheered on by fellow lawyers in the audience, Mr McIntosh, cited the HSC as
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData