Hiscox reported an operating profit of £86.3m for 2004, despite the £70m impact of last year's hurricane season. The group's pre-tax profit and premium income both fell to £77m (2003: £83.4m) and £1051.1m (2003: £1,083.2m) respectively. Hiscox said the London Market business increased operating profit to £63.5m (2003: £61.5m) with a combined ratio of 92.9% (2003: 85.8%). Hiscox's UK retail increased operating profit to £18.8m (2003: £15m) with a combined ratio of 89.8% (2003: 90.3%).
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018