Hiscox reported an operating profit of £86.3m for 2004, despite the £70m impact of last year's hurricane season. The group's pre-tax profit and premium income both fell to £77m (2003: £83.4m) and £1051.1m (2003: £1,083.2m) respectively. Hiscox said the London Market business increased operating profit to £63.5m (2003: £61.5m) with a combined ratio of 92.9% (2003: 85.8%). Hiscox's UK retail increased operating profit to £18.8m (2003: £15m) with a combined ratio of 89.8% (2003: 90.3%).
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Hiscox updates cyber and data insurance product
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Video: GDPR – Future proofing your business: Don’t panic!
- Launderette-based insurance ghost brokers jailed
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa
- Video: GDPR – Marketing: what brokers can and can’t do