It is the diversity of small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) that makes the sector so vibrant and, potentially, profitable for brokers.
Certain factors can nevertheless be taken as applying across large segments of the SME market. Businesses in their early years may take some convincing of the need for untried or seemingly peripheral covers. More developed enterprises will begin to encounter their first staff problems or cash flow complications, and therefore recognise policy benefits.
- Andy Fairchild exits Broker Network
- Ed appoints broking CEO
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- Broking success: Toby Clegg, chief executive officer, Clegg Gifford
- Call for evidence on discount rate setting welcomed