A national fraud seminar organised by Alarm, the national forum forrisk management in the public sector, has heard there are now sectors ofthe public for which the defrauding of insurers has become "ingrained"behaviour.
The conference, organised by Alarm North West and held in Bolton, heardthat the rising cost of fraud in the public sector was placing anincreasing strain on local authorities' abilities to provide basicservices to their residents.
Delegates were told that recent claims fraud
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners