The individual private medical insurance (PMI) sector is seeing a flurry of activity in terms of product innovation, but PMI still offers some serious challenges that will not just go away. Kevin Jones, associate director UK PMI manager for Goodhealth says UK PMI business can be highly profitable for brokers but that it is "a numbers game". He continues: "Some brokers are put off by the lower margins in this market but consistent renewals provide the key to profitability.
- CMA to investigate aggregator over “strong concerns” on insurer relationships
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Former Aviva CEO Patrick Snowball joins Sabre board
- PIB buys specialist charity MGA aQmen Holdings
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Innovation brings its own rewards