Insurers have won an important battle on success fees in issued cases. Handing down judgment in Atack vs Lee and Ellerton vs Harris, two road traffic accidents (RTA) heard together, the Court of Appeal, led by Lord Justice Brooke, also took the opportunity to clarify what should happen in the many thousands of cases where success fees are still to be decided. Andrew Parker, head of strategic litigation, Beachcroft Wansbroughs, who acted for defendants in both appeals said: "The Court of Appe
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData