The predicted level of losses from the 2004 hurricane season may not reverse the trend of declining insurance rates, according to Aon. Total insured losses from the four storms to hit the US are likely to range between $20bn and $25bn. While the impact of the losses on the UK insurance industry is yet to be revealed, premiums are unlikely to rise for UK companies unless they have global insurance programmes with exposures in North America.
- Bollington launches MGA
- Pukka’s Sam White launches Freedom Brokers
- Zurich explores Endsleigh sale - report
- Meet the Broker Apprentices 2017: Luke Abbots-Darbyshire
- Complaints hit 3.32m for first half of 2017
- InsurTech Futures: Nigel Barton’s Wrisk app launches £500,000 crowdfunding round
- Ecclesiastical launches standalone fine art product for brokers