Nanotechnology will have both positive and negative effects on the future of the insurance industry, according to Jack Uldrich, president of the Nano Veritas Group. Speaking at this year's ISOTech 2005 in Las Vegas, he explained how it would increase the durability of materials in natural disasters, ultimately reducing payouts from insurers. However, he warned that many unknown effects on public health and the environment will make it harder for insurers to set reserves, particularly for tho
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData