The 21st Century has presented yet another opportunity to the schemes sector, with the advent of a new modern crime, identity fraud, which is estimated to cost the UK economy a staggering £1.7bn a year.
It is the fastest-growing type of fraud in the UK and, according to the Cabinet Office, it is one of the most difficult crimes to combat. It is estimated that a quarter of UK adults have either had their identity stolen themselves or know someone who has.
Last October, the government-based init
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017