The 21st Century has presented yet another opportunity to the schemes sector, with the advent of a new modern crime, identity fraud, which is estimated to cost the UK economy a staggering £1.7bn a year.
It is the fastest-growing type of fraud in the UK and, according to the Cabinet Office, it is one of the most difficult crimes to combat. It is estimated that a quarter of UK adults have either had their identity stolen themselves or know someone who has.
Last October, the government-based init
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData