The 21st Century has presented yet another opportunity to the schemes sector, with the advent of a new modern crime, identity fraud, which is estimated to cost the UK economy a staggering £1.7bn a year.
It is the fastest-growing type of fraud in the UK and, according to the Cabinet Office, it is one of the most difficult crimes to combat. It is estimated that a quarter of UK adults have either had their identity stolen themselves or know someone who has.
Last October, the government-based
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Top 100 2018 - Bandings
- Dye points to pricing changes following claims inflation
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- At the crossroads: Changes at RSA, Aviva and Ageas add to market uncertainty