Zurich is urging brokers to support the 300,000 small businesses hit by flood over the past five years by offering them advice on what they can do to reduce the risk of flooding.
Zurich's UK Commercial business estimates that the majority of flooding - which cost these businesses £864m - is caused by rain storms resulting in valley gutters overflowing and drains backfilling. This is exacerbated by inadequate maintenance causing gutters, downpipes and drains to become blocked.
With the possibil
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData