Zurich is urging brokers to support the 300,000 small businesses hit by flood over the past five years by offering them advice on what they can do to reduce the risk of flooding.
Zurich's UK Commercial business estimates that the majority of flooding - which cost these businesses £864m - is caused by rain storms resulting in valley gutters overflowing and drains backfilling. This is exacerbated by inadequate maintenance causing gutters, downpipes and drains to become blocked.
With the possibil
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five