Zurich is urging brokers to support the 300,000 small businesses hit by flood over the past five years by offering them advice on what they can do to reduce the risk of flooding.
Zurich's UK Commercial business estimates that the majority of flooding - which cost these businesses £864m - is caused by rain storms resulting in valley gutters overflowing and drains backfilling. This is exacerbated by inadequate maintenance causing gutters, downpipes and drains to become blocked.
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Top 100 2018 - Bandings
- Dye points to pricing changes following claims inflation
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- At the crossroads: Changes at RSA, Aviva and Ageas add to market uncertainty