Fraud has always been notoriously difficult to determine and quantify - all that is certain is that it is costing the insurance industry millions of pounds a year.
In personal lines, the Association of British Insurers estimates that organised motor fraud costs the industry more than £200m in insurance per year and has increased motor premiums by around 5%. In addition, the Insurance Fraud Bureau (IFB) believes that, at the current rate of growth, a further 20,000 fraudulent crashes will take pla
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017