The recession has spurred increased demand for income protection and mortgage protection, Helpucover.co.uk has warned. The company - the consumer offering from protection insurer, Pinnacle Insurance - reported seeing a 69% increase in the rate of sales for the two products in the first two months of 2009 compared to the second half of 2008. Sales over the second half of 2008 were 75% higher than the first half of the year. Helpucover.co.uk said it expects similar figures for the rest of 2009.
- Bollington launches MGA
- Pukka’s Sam White launches Freedom Brokers
- Zurich explores Endsleigh sale - report
- Meet the Broker Apprentices 2017: Luke Abbots-Darbyshire
- Complaints hit 3.32m for first half of 2017
- InsurTech Futures: Nigel Barton’s Wrisk app launches £500,000 crowdfunding round
- Ecclesiastical launches standalone fine art product for brokers