The recession has spurred increased demand for income protection and mortgage protection, Helpucover.co.uk has warned. The company - the consumer offering from protection insurer, Pinnacle Insurance - reported seeing a 69% increase in the rate of sales for the two products in the first two months of 2009 compared to the second half of 2008. Sales over the second half of 2008 were 75% higher than the first half of the year. Helpucover.co.uk said it expects similar figures for the rest of 2009.
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa