Small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) have been hit particularly badly by the Buncefield oil depot explosion, according to the insurance brokerage nearest the blast site.
Companies in the area have spent the last few weeks trying to recover in order to minimise losses resulting from interruption of business. It has been difficult to establish the precise level of damage because a four mile exclusion zone has been enforced around the terminal.
Roy Hicks, general manager of Just Insurance
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018