A solution to the UK's asbestos problem may be at hand after a company unveiled a way to make contaminated buildings safe at a fraction of the normal cost.
Asbestos Surveying and Consultancy (ASAC) uses a new process called encapsulation which makes safe asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) without actually removing them. The company said this would be particularly valuable in commercial premises and schools.
Jamie Gibbs, ASAC managing director, described a case involving an infants' school
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business