One in five employers has seen a reduction in staff due to the ongoing crisis in the liability insurance market, according to a report by the Federation of Small Businesses.
The survey of more than 1,000 small-business owners claims that 20% of employers have laid off employees or put a freeze on recruitment as a result of escalating premiums. Up to 20% of firms also said they were facing a doubling of premium costs on top of last year's dramatic increases.
More than half of all businesses hav
- Pukka’s Sam White launches Freedom Brokers
- Zurich explores Endsleigh sale - report
- Meet the techies: Dylan Bourguignon
- Meet the 2017 Broker Apprentices
- FCA survey reveals gaps in consumer insurance knowledge and take-up
- HNW Forum 2017: Talking points
- Arag targets HNW market adding crisis communications to legal cover