One in five employers has seen a reduction in staff due to the ongoing crisis in the liability insurance market, according to a report by the Federation of Small Businesses.
The survey of more than 1,000 small-business owners claims that 20% of employers have laid off employees or put a freeze on recruitment as a result of escalating premiums. Up to 20% of firms also said they were facing a doubling of premium costs on top of last year's dramatic increases.
More than half of all businesses hav
- Vantage buys Fresh Insurance
- FSCS calls on brokers to help form response to Alpha failure
- Reich targeting £100m of GWP by 2022
- Unrated Danish insurer Gefion in €2m cash injection deal with shareholders
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox first insurer to sign up to ex-Aviva boss Fraser Edmond’s data sharing platform
- Pen writing up takeover “shopping list”
- Allianz to get £250m commercial business boost from LV deal