One in five employers has seen a reduction in staff due to the ongoing crisis in the liability insurance market, according to a report by the Federation of Small Businesses.
The survey of more than 1,000 small-business owners claims that 20% of employers have laid off employees or put a freeze on recruitment as a result of escalating premiums. Up to 20% of firms also said they were facing a doubling of premium costs on top of last year's dramatic increases.
More than half of all businesses
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- Geoff Kirk joins GRP’s Marshall Wooldridge as MD
- Roundtable: The tech revolution
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018