Businesses that fail to manage asbestos may be refused insurance warns broker Jardine Lloyd Thompson. UK businesses with asbestos contamination on their premises now have a legal obligation to control/clean up the highly dangerous material or face fines and possible imprisonment, under new regulation. Many insurers now exclude cover for asbestos claims in standard insurances because of the growing number of claims in the UK and US.
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Leadenhall Market evacuated after “suspicious package”
- Aston Scott and Lark confirm new management structure
- Blockchain could “eliminate” the need for brokers
- UK Broker Awards 2017: The winners
- Marsh’s head of operations in Scotland Iain Henry departs
- Ardonagh Group posts fall in Ebitda but rising income