Businesses that fail to manage asbestos may be refused insurance warns broker Jardine Lloyd Thompson. UK businesses with asbestos contamination on their premises now have a legal obligation to control/clean up the highly dangerous material or face fines and possible imprisonment, under new regulation. Many insurers now exclude cover for asbestos claims in standard insurances because of the growing number of claims in the UK and US.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017