Businesses that fail to manage asbestos may be refused insurance warns broker Jardine Lloyd Thompson. UK businesses with asbestos contamination on their premises now have a legal obligation to control/clean up the highly dangerous material or face fines and possible imprisonment, under new regulation. Many insurers now exclude cover for asbestos claims in standard insurances because of the growing number of claims in the UK and US.
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business