Insurers and brokers could cut fraudulent claims by up to 30% using simple psychological techniques on claims below the £1,500 threshold according to a prominent loss-adjuster.
Crawford & Company said many fraudulent claims could arise when insurers refer claims below the threshold of £1,500 direct to retailers to handle.
Bobby Gracey, UK head of counter-fraud solutions, said: "Most insurers will have a threshold over £1,500, and anything below that they appoint firms like Allied Carpets or Di
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Leadenhall Market evacuated after “suspicious package”
- Blockchain could “eliminate” the need for brokers
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Ardonagh Group posts fall in Ebitda but rising income
- Marsh’s head of operations in Scotland Iain Henry departs
- Aston Scott and Lark confirm new management structure