Insurers and brokers could cut fraudulent claims by up to 30% using simple psychological techniques on claims below the £1,500 threshold according to a prominent loss-adjuster.
Crawford & Company said many fraudulent claims could arise when insurers refer claims below the threshold of £1,500 direct to retailers to handle.
Bobby Gracey, UK head of counter-fraud solutions, said: "Most insurers will have a threshold over £1,500, and anything below that they appoint firms like Allied Carpets or Di
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017