Insurers and brokers could cut fraudulent claims by up to 30% using simple psychological techniques on claims below the £1,500 threshold according to a prominent loss-adjuster.
Crawford & Company said many fraudulent claims could arise when insurers refer claims below the threshold of £1,500 direct to retailers to handle.
Bobby Gracey, UK head of counter-fraud solutions, said: "Most insurers will have a threshold over £1,500, and anything below that they appoint firms like Allied Carpets or
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business