The top 250 commercial provincial brokers in the UK increased theirpremium income by £900m last year.
The brokers controlled £2.6bn in premiums at the beginning of the year,rising to £3.7bn by year's end - an increase of more than 40%.
Brokers must record general insurance commission income above £1m toqualify as one of the top 250 of the sector.
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- Circle expands again in 2018
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report