When and how did you start in insurance broking?
I started work in insurance in 1958 after I completed my national service. I joined the Yorkshire, followed by the Alliance, which I left in 1965 having been headhunted by a Glasgow firm of insurance brokers called C&N Black.
That was also the year I received my Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute status. It did not turn out the way I had hoped at that firm so I left in 1968 to start out on my own with two partners.
What were your first im
- CII sells Aldermanbury
- FCA survey reveals gaps in consumer insurance knowledge and take-up
- Turnover grows for Stackhouse Poland
- Marmalade partners with Ignite on telematics platform
- Markerstudy’s Trice app available to whitelabel for brokers
- Meet the 2017 Broker Apprentices
- Hyperion plans stake sale, reports say