When and how did you start in insurance broking?
I started work in insurance in 1958 after I completed my national service. I joined the Yorkshire, followed by the Alliance, which I left in 1965 having been headhunted by a Glasgow firm of insurance brokers called C&N Black.
That was also the year I received my Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute status. It did not turn out the way I had hoped at that firm so I left in 1968 to start out on my own with two partners.
What were your first
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- MRIB buys Independents
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Biba reveals campaigning themes in 2019 manifesto