Sole traders and SMEs with up to 15 employees are the engine room of the UK economy and they provide the vast majority of the country’s employment. Insurers are keen to grab a share of this market and competition is stiff in the trades, professions and skilled workers sector.
The number of insurers offering cover creates welcome choice, but that in itself creates an issue that business owners have to deal with, as Jim Wilkes, senior technical underwriter at Zurich explains: “It is a very comp
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports
- GRP-owned Abbey Bond Lovis makes NI buy
- CII questions future of Chartered proposition
- Aviva denies being on “big crusade on broker commissions”
- CII aiming for “relevant and diverse” Chartered Status
- Blog: Escape of water – a summer time risk?