The Ardonagh Group confirmed on 31 December 2018 that it had completed the buyout of Swinton.
The takeover was first announced in September after months of speculation had put Ardonagh at the front of the queue when Swinton was known to be for sale.
At the time of the deal Ardonagh said it would pay for the personal lines specialist via finance and cash from monetising certain assets.
Insurance Age revealed shortly thereafter that Ardonagh had secured a £60m partnership for the Swinton
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product