The Ardonagh Group confirmed on 31 December 2018 that it had completed the buyout of Swinton.
The takeover was first announced in September after months of speculation had put Ardonagh at the front of the queue when Swinton was known to be for sale.
At the time of the deal Ardonagh said it would pay for the personal lines specialist via finance and cash from monetising certain assets.
Insurance Age revealed shortly thereafter that Ardonagh had secured a £60m partnership for the Swinton
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto