The Ardonagh Group confirmed on 31 December 2018 that it had completed the buyout of Swinton.
The takeover was first announced in September after months of speculation had put Ardonagh at the front of the queue when Swinton was known to be for sale.
At the time of the deal Ardonagh said it would pay for the personal lines specialist via finance and cash from monetising certain assets.
Insurance Age revealed shortly thereafter that Ardonagh had secured a £60m partnership for the Swinton
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings