Higos Insurance Services has bought GMM Commercial Insurance Services.
The Newton Abbot-based commercial broker was founded by managing director Simon Rice 35 years ago and wrote £2m of gross written premium last year.
The firm’s specialisms include food and drink manufacturing.
It is the fourth deal for Higos since it was bought by GRP in March 2017.
Ian Gosden, managing director of Higos, said: “We warmly welcome Simon Rice and his six-strong team to Higos.
“They are a high
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1