Higos Insurance Services has bought GMM Commercial Insurance Services.
The Newton Abbot-based commercial broker was founded by managing director Simon Rice 35 years ago and wrote £2m of gross written premium last year.
The firm’s specialisms include food and drink manufacturing.
It is the fourth deal for Higos since it was bought by GRP in March 2017.
Ian Gosden, managing director of Higos, said: “We warmly welcome Simon Rice and his six-strong team to Higos.
“They are a high
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- FCA urges firms to apply for TPR and FSCR ahead of Brexit
- Ageas teams up with Darwin Clayton in £45m deal
- Marsh-parent raises $250m of fresh debt
- Blog: Future-proof professional indemnity
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- UK Broker Awards open for entries