It’s difficult to open an insurance news website without seeing articles about innovation, InsurTech and fintech. But what does the word ‘innovation’ conjure up?
For some it’s all about the risk of disruptors coming and eating their lunch, companies like AirBnB and Uber that have shaken up the hotel and taxi sectors around the world. Both these organisations have their supporters and detractors, but nobody can deny that they’ve certainly been disruptors.
Lemonade is probably the best known
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning