It’s difficult to open an insurance news website without seeing articles about innovation, InsurTech and fintech. But what does the word ‘innovation’ conjure up?
For some it’s all about the risk of disruptors coming and eating their lunch, companies like AirBnB and Uber that have shaken up the hotel and taxi sectors around the world. Both these organisations have their supporters and detractors, but nobody can deny that they’ve certainly been disruptors.
Lemonade is probably the best known
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA