Eldon Insurance, the broking group owned by Brexiteer Arron Banks, has launched a managing general agent (MGA) in order to diversify its panel of insurers.
The company results for 2016 revealed that the MGA is named Somerset Bridge.
The directors stated in the report: “In October 2016, Somerset Bridge was incorporated as a related party of the group in order to diversify the panel of insurers.
“From June 2017, approximately 25% of the brokerage policies are underwritten through Somerset
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- FCA urges firms to apply for TPR and FSCR ahead of Brexit
- Ageas teams up with Darwin Clayton in £45m deal
- Marsh-parent raises $250m of fresh debt
- Blog: Future-proof professional indemnity
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- UK Broker Awards open for entries