▶ How did Park Insurance come about?
The Park Insurance brand was set up in 1982 by my dad.
He originally worked in Bristol, covering the South West area, for a small loans company knocking on people’s doors.
One day, he was collecting a loan from someone who had a lovely house and asked what they did for a living. The person replied that he worked in insurance. My dad then came home and said: “That is what I am going to try and do.”
▶ What are the main lines of business?
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba
- Brexit and customer fairness dominate FCA 2019/20 plans
- FCA proposes £537.7m fee budget for 2019/20
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth