▶ How did Park Insurance come about?
The Park Insurance brand was set up in 1982 by my dad.
He originally worked in Bristol, covering the South West area, for a small loans company knocking on people’s doors.
One day, he was collecting a loan from someone who had a lovely house and asked what they did for a living. The person replied that he worked in insurance. My dad then came home and said: “That is what I am going to try and do.”
▶ What are the main lines of business?
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's