▶ How did Park Insurance come about?
The Park Insurance brand was set up in 1982 by my dad.
He originally worked in Bristol, covering the South West area, for a small loans company knocking on people’s doors.
One day, he was collecting a loan from someone who had a lovely house and asked what they did for a living. The person replied that he worked in insurance. My dad then came home and said: “That is what I am going to try and do.”
▶ What are the main lines of business?
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Sure Thing! to be rebranded following sale to Policy Expert
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand