Flood Re has failed so far to convince brokers its aim to work more closely with intermediaries will significantly improve access to cover backed by the scheme.
Last week the organisation told Insurance Age that it would look to work more closely with brokers to sell more Flood Re backed policies.
It also said brokers had been prevented access to Flood Re policies due to “system issues and software house dependency”.
The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) welcomed the committment to
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1