Aon and Marsh have both been visited by the European Commission and the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC) as part of a European Commission investigation into competition in the haulage motor insurance market in Ireland.
The Irish Times reported that local brokers Campion Insurance and Wright Insurance were also raided as part of the probe.
Marsh confirmed that its office had been visited.
An Aon spokesperson commented to Insurance Age: “Aon’s Dublin office was visited by t
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Pen confirms redundancy threat at Chelmsford
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark
- Biba manifesto 2018: Push to prevent regulation stifling productivity
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam