▶ How did Sutcliffe & Co come about?
It’s a family affair – I am a fourth generation insurance broker. But it was my father who set up this business pretty much in its current state in the early 1980s.
The business then grew from the personal services of local businesses of all shapes and sizes.
▶ When did you join the family business?
I had no intention of joining. I went off to university and spent some years in the army, then three years in another industry.
I wanted a career to settle
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Circle expands again in 2018