▶ How did Sutcliffe & Co come about?
It’s a family affair – I am a fourth generation insurance broker. But it was my father who set up this business pretty much in its current state in the early 1980s.
The business then grew from the personal services of local businesses of all shapes and sizes.
▶ When did you join the family business?
I had no intention of joining. I went off to university and spent some years in the army, then three years in another industry.
I wanted a career to settle
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing