Australia-based MGA Ensurance is set to open in the UK and will focus on construction and engineering cover.
According to a statement the new UK business will deal directly on a wholesale basis with insurance brokers both in the UK and in the EU.
The statement continued: “The initial focus on construction and engineering underwriting will build on the skills sets of the UK-based executive team and the over-25-years’ experience Ensurance has in these sectors in Australia.
“The London expansion
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA