Australia-based MGA Ensurance is set to open in the UK and will focus on construction and engineering cover.
According to a statement the new UK business will deal directly on a wholesale basis with insurance brokers both in the UK and in the EU.
The statement continued: “The initial focus on construction and engineering underwriting will build on the skills sets of the UK-based executive team and the over-25-years’ experience Ensurance has in these sectors in Australia.
“The London expansion
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- In Person: Simon Cooter and Carolyn Callan, Covéa
- BGL launches new short-term motor insurance brand