A man has been sentenced for ghost broking after his activities were uncovered by LV and the City of London Police’s Insurance Fraud Enforcement Department (IFED).
According to IFED, Daniel Toma Barbu, aged 49 of Tunmarsh Lane, London has been given a suspended sentence of 16 weeks in prison, suspended for one year, along with 120 hours unpaid work within 12 months after he set up false insurance policies.
IFED was contacted by LV Insurance in March 2014 after it initially identified 18 suspect
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution