A man has been sentenced for ghost broking after his activities were uncovered by LV and the City of London Police’s Insurance Fraud Enforcement Department (IFED).
According to IFED, Daniel Toma Barbu, aged 49 of Tunmarsh Lane, London has been given a suspended sentence of 16 weeks in prison, suspended for one year, along with 120 hours unpaid work within 12 months after he set up false insurance policies.
IFED was contacted by LV Insurance in March 2014 after it initially identified 18 suspect
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Trade credit insurer pay-outs at highest level since 2009
- GDPR: What do brokers need to know?
- Meet the techies: Tobias Taupitz
- Podcast: The top five stories of the week
- Aston Lark buys Ingram Hawkins and Nock
- Carole Nash and Axa remain committed to Republic of Ireland bike market