A man has been sentenced for ghost broking after his activities were uncovered by LV and the City of London Police’s Insurance Fraud Enforcement Department (IFED).
According to IFED, Daniel Toma Barbu, aged 49 of Tunmarsh Lane, London has been given a suspended sentence of 16 weeks in prison, suspended for one year, along with 120 hours unpaid work within 12 months after he set up false insurance policies.
IFED was contacted by LV Insurance in March 2014 after it initially identified 18 suspect
- Aviva denies being on “big crusade on broker commissions”
- Simply Business reveals losses for 2017
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Revenue growth for Seventeen Group
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports
- CII aiming for “relevant and diverse” Chartered Status
- #Insagepeople: 20 - 26 August 2018