5) Howden goes for further regional expansion in Bristol
London-based Howden is opening a new office in Bristol as it seeks to increase its regional presence in the UK.
The retail broking arm of Hyperion Insurance Group already has 500 employees across 13 offices in the UK.
These include: Birmingham, Glasgow, Overbury, Richmond and Wakefield.
4) CMA renews investigation into aggregators
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has launched a further study into aggregators as
- CII questions future of Chartered proposition
- Stanhope Cooper drops Open GI
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports
- GRP-owned Abbey Bond Lovis makes NI buy
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Applied report shows UK brokers ahead of digital curve
- Turnover up at Alan Boswell