5) Howden goes for further regional expansion in Bristol
London-based Howden is opening a new office in Bristol as it seeks to increase its regional presence in the UK.
The retail broking arm of Hyperion Insurance Group already has 500 employees across 13 offices in the UK.
These include: Birmingham, Glasgow, Overbury, Richmond and Wakefield.
4) CMA renews investigation into aggregators
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has launched a further study into aggregators as
- CMA to investigate aggregator over “strong concerns” on insurer relationships
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Former Aviva CEO Patrick Snowball joins Sabre board
- PIB buys specialist charity MGA aQmen Holdings
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Innovation brings its own rewards