I have spent 45 years in the London Insurance Market and my late father spent 43 years (including the gap for war service). He achieved a fairly senior position and was proud of his legacy having mentored people who reached very high position at Lloyd’s.
When my father was in his 80s he had a motor claim and a household claim and the claims departments of the insurer failed to comprehend that at that age people may have limited mobility and are not able to travel too far.
Firstly whist his ca
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- Tasker set to make acquisitions
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform