▶ You started trading in January 2017 – why did you start up on your own?
John Sims: Chris and I go back to 1998. We became friends over the years. We first mooted the idea over 10 years ago. As far as this model goes we’d almost independently thought about it. It was a question of timing.
Chris Blackham: When I left [Bluefin after the Axa acquisition] I was restrained from doing business so I designed something and it sat on my shelf. It needed a leader and me to be able to do it.
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth