The British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) has launched a new online facility for its members to assess the position of an unrated non-life insurer.
The implementation of the new free system, Biba Litmus Test Report (BLTR), will help members to conduct their due diligence, according to the trade body.
The service will use data from AM Best, a credit ratings and financial data provider, to present a series of key financial ratios for a number of unrated insurers that are mainly used by Biba
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders