The news that the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) is developing an assessment tool for unrated insurers has led to calls for regulators to share more information.
A leading insurance broker, who did not wish to be named, insisted that it was not Biba’s role to provide due diligence services. He said it was up to the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) to show which insurance companies brokers could trust.
“Insurers have to satisfy the PRA so in some respects that is what the regu
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Blog: Brokers – get plugged in to electric vehicles
- Arnott Marine launches marine liability facility for UK brokers