The news that the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) is developing an assessment tool for unrated insurers has led to calls for regulators to share more information.
A leading insurance broker, who did not wish to be named, insisted that it was not Biba’s role to provide due diligence services. He said it was up to the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) to show which insurance companies brokers could trust.
“Insurers have to satisfy the PRA so in some respects that is what the regu
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- HNW Forum: The challenge for brokers insuring Family Offices
- HNW Forum: Experts debate impact of MGAs on the market