Former Labour cabinet minister David Blunkett told the UK Broker Summit 2016 that the nation needs to take risks to be successful and the insurance industry can make that happen.
He addressed an audience of brokers at the Insurance Age event sponsored by Acturis, Ageas, Axa, Covea Insurance, Manchester Underwriting Management, NIG and Sompo Canopius.
The former education and home secretary spoke about a range of political and economic issues affecting the United Kingdom and wider world including
- Brokers face another FSCS hike and situation could yet get worse
- Stuart Vann out at Esure
- Marsh Networks partners with Ataraxia for succession planning
- Marsh accused of trying to squash Marshmallow name by InsurTech start up
- The Blog Spot: An alternative broker manifesto - my 2018 pettifogging petition
- Volante launches first MGA – Edison Motor
- The Burley Group buys Grace Corporate Insurance Services