The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has fined five individuals and two firms a total of £15.5m, in addition to banning four of those individuals, for significant integrity and competence failings.
The FCA fined Shay Reches £1.05m following an investigation with the Prudential Regulation Authority into the validity of solicitors' professional indemnity insurance for over 1,300 firms.
Reches, a director at Coverall Worldwide with responsibility for a managing general agent called Aderia UK, has
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted