LV’s group operating profit for the year ended 31 December 2016 has slipped to £20m post the recent discount rate change, compared to £107m in 2015. The insurer stated that its operating profit before the Ogden change from 2.5% to minus 0.75% was £159m. The general insurance division's operating profit pre-Ogden rose by 57% to £113m, compared to £72m in the preceding year, however the provider posted an operating loss of £26m post Ogden after increasing its reserves by £139m. LV also repor
- Claims management reorganisation at Ageas
- Covea GWP hits £666.3m
- Blog: Comply with GDPR or risk a £17.5m fine
- Broking success: Richard Dornan, Premium Choice
- Lloyd's contacts all staff about voluntary redundancies
- InsurTech Futures: Ageas to use AI in claims handling
- Blog: Allianz and LV, a tie-up that could turn others green with envy?