Hiscox has revealed a 10.7% increase in gross written premiums to £1.94bn for the year ended 31 December 2015. The rise came as the profit after tax dropped 3% to £209.9m (2014: £216.2m). The provider achieved a combined operating ratio of 85% a slight deterioration on the 83.9% posted the year before. StrategyBronek Masojada, chief executive of Hiscox, commented: "Our strategy continues to deliver good growth with our retail businesses contributing 50% of income. "We have e
- Claims management reorganisation at Ageas
- Covea GWP hits £666.3m
- Blog: Comply with GDPR or risk a £17.5m fine
- Broking success: Richard Dornan, Premium Choice
- Lloyd's contacts all staff about voluntary redundancies
- InsurTech Futures: Ageas to use AI in claims handling
- Blog: Allianz and LV, a tie-up that could turn others green with envy?