Property owners who are turning to the rental market should ensure they are protected against potential hazards of letting properties, HomeLet has warned. The advice followed a Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors survey that showed the number of properties for rent in the UK has jumped as people who cannot sell their homes decide to let them instead. In the second quarter of 2008, new instructions to let property increased at the fastest pace in the survey's history.
- News analysis: Towergate investors to create insurance giant
- InsurTech Futures: Aviva leads £5m investment in Neos
- Towergate owner issues £800m debt offer
- Academy Insurance launches QIP Underwriting
- FCA says intermediaries earned £15.9bn in 2016
- InsurTech Futures: Regulation in InsurTech needs to change, says Aviva's Wilson
- Market moves: Busy brokers