Legal & General (L&G) has reported an operating profit for its general insurance unit of £51m for 2015, a drop from the £59m achieved in 2014. The combined operating ratio (COR) for general insurance was 89%, slightly worse than the 87% it achieved last year. L&G further reported a reduction in gross written premium (GWP) to £337m for general insurance (2014: £377m). StormsAccording to the company, the results were driven by a £15m loss following the
- Claims management reorganisation at Ageas
- Covea GWP hits £666.3m
- Blog: Comply with GDPR or risk a £17.5m fine
- Broking success: Richard Dornan, Premium Choice
- Lloyd's contacts all staff about voluntary redundancies
- InsurTech Futures: Ageas to use AI in claims handling
- Blog: Allianz and LV, a tie-up that could turn others green with envy?