New research has revealed that over 60% of motor insurance customers will seek an alternative quote at the time of renewal, regardless of the price quoted by their insurer. Actuarial and business consultancy EMB, which carried out the study, also found that this number would rise to 87% in cases where current policy prices were set to increase. However, 70% of those surveyed said that price was not the primary factor influencing their insurance purchase.
- Towergate owner issues £800m debt offer
- Gallagher versus Portsoken court case settled
- News analysis: Towergate investors to create insurance giant
- Opinion: Tim Holliday on the effects of the Ogden rate change
- Sabre tipped for £600m stock market float
- InsurTech Futures: Aviva leads £5m investment in Neos
- InsurTech Futures: Regulation in InsurTech needs to change, says Aviva's Wilson