Brokers and insurers have long recognised the importance of the small to medium-sized enterprise (SME) sector. Products and marketing strategies have been designed specifically with these organisations in mind, and valuable quantities of good-quality business have been secured as a result.But the dominance of the intermediary sector in SME cannot be taken for granted. Direct writers and online players have a sharp nose for profitable markets and they are certainly sniffing around this area.
- Towergate owner issues £800m debt offer
- Gallagher versus Portsoken court case settled
- News analysis: Towergate investors to create insurance giant
- Opinion: Tim Holliday on the effects of the Ogden rate change
- Sabre tipped for £600m stock market float
- InsurTech Futures: Aviva leads £5m investment in Neos
- InsurTech Futures: Regulation in InsurTech needs to change, says Aviva's Wilson