To judge from the chairman's speech to Lloyd's annual general meeting on 18 June, you would think that everything in the garden was rosy. Chairman Lord Levene said: "We began 2002 with speculation that our industry, and Lloyd's in particular, might collapse. But against this dark sky, Lloyd's has been a beacon of light. We have defied the doomsayers. And we have done more than that; we have flourished."Certainly, Lloyd's has emerged successfully from 11 September, the largest single loss it
- Claims management reorganisation at Ageas
- Covea GWP hits £666.3m
- Blog: Comply with GDPR or risk a £17.5m fine
- Broking success: Richard Dornan, Premium Choice
- Lloyd's contacts all staff about voluntary redundancies
- InsurTech Futures: Ageas to use AI in claims handling
- Blog: Allianz and LV, a tie-up that could turn others green with envy?