Operating under the Norwich Union (NU) brand, Aviva is the largest UK life and general insurer, with a 12% share of the UK life market and a 14% share of the UK general insurance market. It has a rating of AA-/Stable.In general insurance, NU's competitive advantages are the group's low cost base, innovative use of technology in the underwriting process, efficient claims management, and brand strength. Distribution is well diversified, and the risk profile of the business is low, owing to NU'
- News analysis: Towergate investors to create insurance giant
- Towergate owner issues £800m debt offer
- InsurTech Futures: Aviva leads £5m investment in Neos
- Academy Insurance launches QIP Underwriting
- FCA says intermediaries earned £15.9bn in 2016
- InsurTech Futures: Regulation in InsurTech needs to change, says Aviva's Wilson
- NMU launches marine trade product