The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has launched a consultation on plans to give more small businesses access to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
At the moment only individual consumers and around 5.5million micro-enterprises (the smallest type of business) can access the FOS if they have a dispute with a financial services firm.
In theory businesses that cannot go to the ombudsman can take a financial services firm to court.
However the FCA stated that it believes that many smaller
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?