Over half of brokers (52%) are struggling to recruit young talent under 30 years of age, Insurance Age can reveal.
Research by Ecclesiastical found that 80% of the 250 responding UK brokers were keen to attract younger people.
Meanwhile nearly half (46%) of brokers surveyed were concerned about a potential talent crisis in the industry, noting that they are struggling to attract young people because they don’t have the right experience, skills or qualifications and not enough young people are
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's