Over half of brokers (52%) are struggling to recruit young talent under 30 years of age, Insurance Age can reveal.
Research by Ecclesiastical found that 80% of the 250 responding UK brokers were keen to attract younger people.
Meanwhile nearly half (46%) of brokers surveyed were concerned about a potential talent crisis in the industry, noting that they are struggling to attract young people because they don’t have the right experience, skills or qualifications and not enough young people are
- Andy Fairchild exits Broker Network
- Ed appoints broking CEO
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- Broking success: Toby Clegg, chief executive officer, Clegg Gifford
- Call for evidence on discount rate setting welcomed